Cheap Flights to Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is well known as the windy and the friendly city and gives visitors access to the Sunshine Coast, the Garden Route and an abundance of wild-life reserves.
The city has more than enough to offer everyone including children. There’s cycling, surfing and sailing competitions, quad biking, hiking, 4×4 trails, deep-sea fishing, shark and wreck diving, kayaking and kite surfing or just having fun in the sun on one of many stunning beaches.
Cheap Flights To Port Elizabeth are in high demand during peak seasons of the year which are mostly the summer months. The winter months are when you will most likely find the cheaper flights.
Visitors have no problem finding accommodation to suit their need and pocket as the city has an excellent choice of outstanding luxury or 3/4-star hotels including B&Bs and backpackers that are secure, clean and comfortable.
Cheap Flights To Port Elizabeth – One-way
[insert_php] $notiflyurl = “http://notifly.smartclient.co.za/Table/GetFlights/?to=PLZ&&Columns=DynamicData&Columns=Leave&Columns=AirlineLogo&Columns=Airline&Columns=Price&DynamicData=Flights%20From%20[FromAirportName]%20To%20[ToAirportName]&style=custom&direction=oneway&limit=10&type=domestic&col1width=30%&col2width=20%&col3width=15%&col4width=15%&col5width=20%&site=cfisa&orderby=price&orderbydirection=asc”; $notiflyurl = str_replace(“amp;”,””,$notiflyurl); $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $notiflyurl); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $content = curl_exec($curl); curl_close($curl); echo($content); [/insert_php]
Cheap Flights To Port Elizabeth – Return
[insert_php] $notiflyurl = “http://notifly.smartclient.co.za/Table/GetFlights/?to=PLZ&&Columns=DynamicData&Columns=Leave&Columns=Return&Columns=AirlineLogo&Columns=Airline&Columns=Price&DynamicData=Flights%20From%20[FromAirportName]%20To%20[ToAirportName]&style=custom&direction=return&limit=10&type=domestic&col1width=30%&col2width=20%&col3width=15%&col4width=15%&col5width=20%&site=cfisa&orderby=price&orderbydirection=asc”; $notiflyurl = str_replace(“amp;”,””,$notiflyurl); $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $notiflyurl); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $content = curl_exec($curl); curl_close($curl); echo($content); [/insert_php]
The months of December, January and April are Port Elizabeth’s busiest with visitors heading to the city for summer to enjoy outdoor activities while April hosts the four-day Nelson Mandela Bay Splash Festival. Travellers on low budgets will have difficulty finding Cheap Flights To Port Elizabeth and accommodation during these months.
Although June to August is Port Elizabeth’s winter and low season the weather is still pleasant and especially suitable for visitors not keen on hot days. Most rainfall occurs during August but it’s a good time to get Cheap Flights To Port Elizabeth and accommodation.
With pleasant conditions all round Port Elizabeth was voted as having one of the best climates in the world. 60 metres above sea level with the warm Indian Ocean waters it has a sub-tropical climate with light showers occurring all year round but more prevalent in winter. Winter temperatures vary between 8 and 14°C with daytime highs of around 18°C while summer temperatures can reach 35°C with night time being pleasant at around 22°C.
Summer – December to February
Autumn – March to May
Winter – June to August, and
Spring – September to November
Getting Around Port Elizabeth
Visitors to the city with the sole purpose of seeing family or friends can get around using the IPTS bus system that’s efficient, affordable and safe to use. The buses travel across Nelson Mandela Bay, to the university, to the airport and to Uitenhage and Despatch. The Metrorail train service travels to Uitenhage and adjacent suburbs but is not advisable for visitors to use, including minibus taxis. Hiring a rental vehicle, along with a GPS, allows visitors to come and go at their leisure. For a quick trip, taxi cabs are convenient.
Getting downtown from the Airport
Passengers landing at the airport who forgot to combine a rental vehicle with their air ticket can hire one from reputable car hire companies such as Avis, First Car Rental, Europcar, Tempest and others right at the airport. A number of hotels and accommodation establishments provide transfer services to and from the airport for their guests but passengers can also take a private cab or the IPTS bus service.
Port Elizabeth Insider Information
- The Bloukrans Bridge 216 metres above the river, is an architectural masterpiece that provides adrenalin junkies with the highest commercial natural bungee jump in the world. Its open for jumping every day of the year except in gale force winds.
- Go back in time to the 1820 settlers with the Donkin Heritage Trail viewing 51 historical places of interest over a leisurely 5km walk.
- Take a day to visit some or all eight of the city’s museums that include the South African Air Force Museum and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum.
- Seaview Predator Park, west of Port Elizabeth and just 25 minutes from the airport is no less than 120ha overlooking the ocean. The privately owned park provides public educational animal interaction and invites visitors to become part of the pride. You’ll be face to fur with lions, tigers and many other amazing animals and don’t need a 4×4 to drive through the park. The park promotes conservation with the rehabilitation of wild animals.
- Take your children to Animals in Wonderland, a breeding and educational facility where each animal receives personal attention and has a name like Jack the crow or Alice the White Lip Tree Viper to mention but a few. The facility’s aim is to reach and educate as many children as possible. Birthday parties are a regular occurrence besides numerous shows throughout the year. Booking is essential during school holidays with adults paying R50 and children R70 (under twos are free) that comprises an Animal Talk and Tour, Animal Interaction and an Obstacle Course and Target shooting. Visitors should bring their own refreshments and snacks.