Cheap Flights to New Zealand
Situated in the south-western Pacific Ocean around 1,500km east of Australia, New Zealand consists of two main islands, the North Island (Te Ika-a-Māui) and the South Island (Te Waipounamu), separated by the Cook Strait. Between 1250 and 1300 CE, Polynesians settled on the islands developing the Māori culture.
New Zealand is a paradise of forests, lakes, mountain peaks, rivers, beaches, crystal clear bays and lush green vegetation that takes your breath away.
Auckland, former capital and the largest urban area in New Zealand is the centre of industry and commerce and possibly the most bustling, vibrant multicultural city in New Zealand. With a landscape of volcanic hills, twin harbours, beaches and islands its nicknamed the city of sails with more boats per capita than anywhere else around the globe.
The capital city Wellington is the political, cultural and administrative hub of the country with a population of just over 400,000. Its hilly landscape and extensive harbour instantly capture first-time visitors. It has some of the finest art galleries, museums, microbreweries, restaurants and coffee houses with a bounty of historic buildings and streets and no visit complete unless you’ve taken a ride in its famed cable car.
The largest city on the South Island is Christchurch, charming with extensive inner-city public gardens and parks, the shallow Avon River ambling through the city and Cathedral Square. Canterbury scenery from stunning beaches to the jagged peaks of the Southern Alps is impossible to ignore.
Hamilton, centrally located in the upper North Island is a progressive, vibrant and growing city located alongside the Waikato River, the longest in New Zealand. The city is laid back with outdoor attractions of hot pools, lakes, beaches, mountains and caves.
Cheapest One-Way Flights To New Zealand
[insert_php] $notiflyurl = “http://notifly.smartclient.co.za/Table/GetFlights/?to=AKL&tofromdomestic=yes&&Columns=DynamicData&Columns=Leave&Columns=AirlineLogo&Columns=Airline&Columns=Price&DynamicData=Flights%20From%20[FromAirportName]%20To%20[ToAirportName]&style=custom&direction=oneway&limit=10&type=international&col1width=30%&col2width=20%&col3width=15%&col4width=15%&col5width=20%&site=cfisa&orderby=price&orderbydirection=asc”; $notiflyurl = str_replace(“amp;”,””,$notiflyurl); $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $notiflyurl); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $content = curl_exec($curl); curl_close($curl); echo($content); [/insert_php]
Cheapest Return Flights To New Zealand
[insert_php] $notiflyurl = “http://notifly.smartclient.co.za/Table/GetFlights/?to=AKL&tofromdomestic=yes&&Columns=DynamicData&Columns=Leave&Columns=Return&Columns=AirlineLogo&Columns=Airline&Columns=Price&DynamicData=Flights%20From%20[FromAirportName]%20To%20[ToAirportName]&style=custom&direction=return&limit=10&type=international&col1width=30%&col2width=20%&col3width=15%&col4width=15%&col5width=20%&site=cfisa&orderby=price&orderbydirection=asc”; $notiflyurl = str_replace(“amp;”,””,$notiflyurl); $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $notiflyurl); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); $content = curl_exec($curl); curl_close($curl); echo($content); [/insert_php]
Auckland Airport, New Zealand
Christchurch Airport, New Zealand
Weather In Auckland, New Zealand
[wunderground location=”Auckland, New Zealand” numdays=”3″ layout=”simple” measurement=”c” showdata=”alert,daynames,pop,icon,text,conditions,date,highlow”]
New Zealand’s climate
New Zealand has a moderately high rainfall with mild temperatures with most of the country enjoying over 2000 hours of sunshine annually with the sunniest regions having over 2350 hours.
Spring : September to November – 16 to 19°C.
Summer : December to February – 20 to 25°C.
Autumn : March to May – 17 to 21°C.
Winter : June to August – 12 to 16°C.
When to fly to New Zealand
There’s no negative period for travel to New Zealand, other than families having their annual vacation from mid-December to the end of January. Cheap flights to New Zealand are available during the off-seasons. If you’re going for summer you need to secure accommodation in popular areas early. Travel during winter, excluding skiing locations and the July school holidays, doesn’t warrant pre-booking with excellent rates, but not such great weather! Visiting during spring presents a beautiful countryside budding with new life and blossoms while in the South Island, late snowfalls may occur in September. Summer is the peak tourist season when airfares and accommodation are at their highest, try and book six months in advance.
Getting around New Zealand
For a relaxed journey, travel by train affords scenery not visible from roads as you move through parks, over volcanic terrain, river valleys and along rugged coastlines in between cliffs and the ocean.
Driving yourself is also an ideal way to tour. There are plenty of well-known car rental companies to choose from and you can also rent a motorcycle.
Enjoy a ferry or water taxi to get from one island to the next, available virtually everywhere throughout the country.
Travelling by bus or coach is flexible, cost effective with daily scheduled services all over the country and loads of companies serving main tourist routes.
New Zealand – insider information
- Te Papa Tongarewa, a national museum in Wellington, is a major cultural attraction.
- Explore the beauty of the Abel Tasman National Park at the top of South Island with golden beaches, amazing rock formations and wildlife. You can hike, paddle or take a kayak tour or arrange for a water taxi.
- Go the highest point in Christchurch and in the country, Aoraki Mount Cook, Aoraki translated is Cloud Piercer in Maori.
- The city of Dunedin is one of the best preserved Victorian and Edwardian cities and home to many of New Zealand’s greatest artists, musicians, poets and writers. See some of the world’s rarest penguins, an albatross colony, sea lions and fur seals.
- Take a 30 minute drive from Hamilton city to Raglan, the country’s foremost and globally known surf spot.
- Have an unforgettable experience with a helicopter flight over the Franz Josef Glacier, the perfect way to view the 7.5 mile long glacier with spectacular landscapes of the Southern Alps.
- Paradise for divers is Poor Knights marine reserve, off Northlands east coast, with crystal waters and underwater cliffs, caves and tunnels.
- Take a Black Water Rafting trip to the underground Waitomo Caves filled with weird shapes or have a thrilling river rafting experience down the Tongariro River with superb rapids and excellent trout fishing.
- Guaranteed fun in Kaikoura offers whale watching and swimming with fur seals.
- Birders can try kayaking in the Okarito Lagoon, the largest original wetland in the country with a marvellous array of birdlife.